Sunday, November 30, 2008

Absolutely ridiculous..!!

I would like to take this time to condemn a little bit about my college.. As you can see, i am a Tunku Abdul Rahman College (TARC) student.. I am okay with my studies so far, i am just a quite pissed off with the management of the marking scheme.. Don't know what i am talking about? I have done a little survey lately and this is what i found out.. :

1) Sunway College :-
* Assignments = 50%
* Examinations = 50%
* Overall passing mark = 50%

2) Taylors' College :-
* Assignments = 60%
* Examinations = 40%
* Overall passing mark = 50%

3) TAR College :-
* Assignments = 20%
* Examinations = 80%
* Overall passing mark = 50%

As you can see, normally assignments contribute at least half of the overall marks.. Except TAR College!! First of all, TARC students have more assignments compared to other colleges but the marks given is much lower than the other colleges!! If u said that it is becoz TARC is a government college therefore the marking scheme is different, well, that's bullshit!! They should stick to the actual college level marking scheme.. I work my ass off and didn't even study for around 2 months to finish my assignments which only contributes a friggin' 20 marks!! Plus, we have to study more subjects in a semester compared to the students from other colleges!!

* I think TAR College can do better than this, change the stupid scheme!! At college level, it is all about application and courseworks, not secondary examinations!! At least give the students more marks for the assignments and don't put so much burden on the examinations, it isn't rational!!

No comments: